tirsdag 24. januar 2012

New name.

I've been thinking about changing my name for quite some time now, little over a year, perhaps? Lately I've picked out the names I'd rather add to the one I currently have, and ended up with Nicki, Electra, Isis, Destinee, Jade, Willow, Danielle (which is a gorgeous name, but as I'm an atheist I don't think it would be appropriate), Ariana and Scarlet.

Now I've made my family rate the names, and the top four was Nicki, Electra, Ariana and Scarlet - I've decided to take Electra, which was the first one I wanted. Now I just have to send the form to the municipality and hope they approve!

Electra was a princess from Argos, according to Greek mythology. She was the daughter of King Agamemnon and Queen Clytemnestra, and persuaded (and helped?) her brother, Orestes, kill Clytemnestra and Aegisthus (their uncle, and Clytemnestra's lover) in vengeance for the murder of Agamemnon (Orestes was driven to madness because of that deed).

Electra and Orestes killing Aegisthus - the woman on the right is Clytemnestra. Detail of a Greek Vase from the 5th century b.C.

















According to most sources, the name means 'amber', but some say it's something like 'shining', 'bright' or 'radiant'.

But the real reason I wanted this name was because of the horse that I'm so tied to, called Electra! c:
The following picture I shot in 2006 (I think?) and is of course Electra.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar